Thursday, October 27, 2016

Day of the dead girl

Day of the dead girl # Dia de los muertos

I have finaly managed to create some art for 
HALLOWEEN and of course INKTOBER
I thought perhaps a day of the dead girl was fitting as i would imagine most people know it is inspired by those wonderful sugar skulls although November 1st and 2nd is the day they choose for thier festival in mexico other wise known as 

 Día de los Muertos

The day of the dead
I found an informative website that has some history of the day of the dead which i will link to at the end.
Anyway still wanting some feedback and to hear from you, please leave a comment and let me know your favourite thing about HALLOWEEN or if your in Mexico, THE DAY OF THE DEAD
I  would love to hear what people are doing to celebrate. 
My daughter is hosting an elaborate HALLOWEEN themed party complete with a hot tub. Of course i am going as a skeleton with a sugar skull face if i get around to it i might post some photos later.
Anyway have a safe and happy HALLOWEEN! 
come back soon
and here is that web link as promised http://www.mexicansugarskull.com/support/dodhistory.html

No comments: